Best Recipes on a Winter Camping Trip
Camping in the mountain is a unique thing that every sports person wants to do. Whether planning to go out skiing, mountain cycling, trekking, or other sport that demands to enhance the body stamina, the best thing is heading to the mountain for some nights. But your camping up the mountain will yield more only if you make the right recipes. Here are three recipes that every camper heading to the mountain looks forward to.
The Omelette wedges
- 3 spring onion
- 200 grams of potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 4 rashes of well-smoked bacon
- 1 teaspoon of English mustard
- 85 grams of mature cheddar
- 2 standard size tomatoes
The recipe will take about 20 minutes to prepare and cook.
- Chop the spring onion and slice the potatoes (no need for peeling; simply boil until tender).
- Snip the smoked bacon into small pieces and start frying with a pan. Stir the bacon as it fries until it becomes pink. Then, add the chopped onion and continue stirring and tip the bacon into a large bowl. Clean the pan immediately.
- Break all the eggs in one bowl and add salt, pepper, and mustard.
- Grate your cheese and pour about half of it to the mixture of eggs with the already cooked potatoes, onions, and bacon. Stir well to mix everything. Heat about two spoons of oil and add into the mixture stirring to get at the bottom.
- Heat the grill and put the Omelette to cook for about 3 minutes. At the moment, continue chopping the tomatoes and scatter them over the Omelette. Also, sprinkle using the grated cheese.
- Once the Omelette sets at the base, but still looks eggy on the upper section. Place a frying pan under the grill so that all parts can cook. Once ready, remove the omelette from the grill and allow it to cool for about 6 minutes. Then, slice into wedges and serve hot with tea.
Hot caramel malted milk
Your best winter camping recipes should target delivering more nutrients and keep you warm when up in the mountain. The hot caramel malted milk is one of the most enthralling meals that no camper wants to miss.
- 750 milliliters of whole milk
- ½ x 397 grams of Nestle Carnation Caramel
- 1 tablespoonful of malted milk powder
- Using a source pan, heat your milk with a caramel whisk until steaming
- Then, spoon the malted milk into 4 cups and add the hot caramel milk on top.
- Stir continuously to avoid getting lumps and serve when hot.
Cheesy scrambled egg croissants
- 8 large eggs
- A splash of milk
- Four large croissants
- A bunch of chives, snipped
- 100 grams of grated cheddar
- On a bowl, whisk all the eggs, and add cheddar, and milk. You should also add some seasoning.
- Pour the mixture into a source pan and start heating gently until softly scrambled.
- Then, stir in the chives, open the croissants, and place your scrambled eggs inside.